Friday 15 August 2008

My Berlin... Karolina



My Berlin
Brandenburg Gate, TV Tower, Potsdamer Platz, Reichstag... all these and many more come to my mind when I’m thinking about Berlin back home. To be in Berlin, to spend time here, to explore this amazing town means something different! Obviously everybody wants to spot famous and well-liked buildings, visit museums, galleries and exhibitions. I’m not an exception. I love sightseeing! The feeling of recognizing an image from a picture and then realizing I’m there, standing right in front of it! But what makes me lose my breath is the atmosphere, people, Berlin on its own... This city is just for everybody, it is an actual mixture of nationalities, bizarre personalities, cultures and everyone can go his own way of interests, there are no judgements. In Berlin everybody is an individual... For me Germans have their own style of life, it is some kind of system of unwritten law which people keep. I find them very disciplined. Young people though are friendly and open-minded, having fun every night with a glass of beer in one of the pubs or beer gardens. They don’t care that much about others, the mood in the streets is more chilled and there is no rush! That is one of the reasons people come here. It is just something special and unique! There is no way of getting bored in here. There are so many things going on every day, doesn’t matter what you are interested in- music, art, fashion, club events... Everybody gets a chance to show who they are, express their individuality and to become a part of Berlin. In my opinion one of the best cities of the world!

My top 5: Mercedes showroom
Topography of Terror
Beach
Fair trade restaurant (no2)
madam tussauds
Adidas originals

No comments: